Click to Call UsCall our Head Office on 0117 287 2899

Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)

For Commercial & Residential Properties

Get a quote

What are Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)?

MEES is a new standard or legislation that took effect in April 2018. At its core, Landlords need to ensure that the rental property has a minimum EPC Certificate rating of E. From April 2020, the rules are tightened to affect all tenancies. If a landlord does not comply, then the property cannot legally be let and fines can be levied if the rules are broken.

Focus 360 Energy can carry out a Compliance Report that will identify the measures needed to get the EPC to the desired rating. We look at things like heating systems, insulation and the overall effectiveness of windows and doors in protecting against draughts.

Once complete, a range of suggestions will be made on how you can improve your rating from the simple quick fix installs like fitting LED lighting to pricier measures such as installing a new boiler or double glazing.

Tenants are becoming more aware of global warming and the importance of a reduced carbon footprint, so they will often take the EPC rating into account before renting or buying the property. Contact Focus 360 Energy today to book your MEES inspection.

Our Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard Process

  • Focus 360 Energy will ensure your property meets all legislative obligations and we will aim to identify extra savings and benefits to mitigate upcoming incremental costs.
  • We can help advise you on the best way to ensure your properties are compliant and improve your energy efficiency now and into the future

Why use us?

  • Professional and reliable
  • Flexible appointments to suit you
  • Friendly practical advice
  • 10 years experience in the industry
  • Affordable pricing

We can also offer these additional services …

Residential EPC

Water Testing

Commercial EPC

Water Testing