BREEAM Certification – Approved Accredited Assessors
Breeam assessments are the gold standard for sustainable design and for measuring a building’s environmental performance. Attract prospective environmentally concious tenants with a breeam certification. Our assessors offer flexible apppointments to suit you. Get a booking in just 24 hours.
In addition to a full BREEAM assessments, we can provide specialist services required to meet some of the BREEAM criteria:
What is a BREEAM assessment and who needs it?
BREEAM assessmentsare a framework for evaluating the design, construction, and operation of buildings against a set of environmental and sustainability criteria. The BREEAM assessments cover a range of issues, including energy and water use, waste management, materials selection, transport, ecology, and pollution.
BREEAM assessments are typically used by building owners, developers, architects, and engineers who want to demonstrate that their buildings are sustainable and environmentally friendly. They can be used to certify a building’s sustainability performance, and the resulting certification is often used as a marketing tool to attract tenants or buyers who are looking for environmentally responsible buildings.
BREEAM assessments are also used by local authorities and planning agencies to assess the sustainability of new developments and to set sustainability targets for future building projects. In many cases, planning permission may be conditional on achieving a certain level of BREEAM certification. BREEAM is an incredibly comprehensive framework for evaluating a building’s environmental, social, and economic sustainability performance. From planners to contractors to building owners, this system provides stakeholders with a means of certifying the success of their projects. It goes above and beyond traditional considerations of operational carbon emissions and offers a full-lifecycle assessment. BREEAM assessments can be applied to new construction, non-domestic refurbishment/fit out, and domestic refurbishments (previously assessed under Ecohomes).
BREEAM assessment ratings and certification
BREEAM ratings range from Pass to Outstanding, with increasing levels of sustainability performance. The Pass rating indicates that the project meets the minimum requirements for sustainability, while the Outstanding rating indicates exceptional performance. Here are the BREEAM ratings and their corresponding scores: –
- Outstanding: 85% and above
- Excellent: 70% – 84.9%
- Very Good: 55% – 69.9%
- Good: 40% – 54.9%
- Pass: 30% – 39.9%
BREEAM ratings are widely used by developers, architects, and governments as a measure of sustainability performance, and they help to promote sustainable development practices in the built environment.
The BREEAM assessment consists of two stages- Design and Post Construction, with an optional Post Occupancy stage.
Our experienced assessors will conduct an assessment of your team’s progress by gathering evidence at each stage. This evidence will be compiled into a comprehensive report that we’ll submit to BRE for the final certification process.
Minimum Standards for BREEAM assessments
A number of government departments such as Healthcare, Education and other public bodies encourage or require the use of BREEAM for various reasons. Firstly, BREEAM aligns with the UK government’s sustainability goals and commitments to reduce carbon emissions and improve the environment. By encouraging or requiring the use of BREEAM, government departments and public bodies can ensure that the buildings they use or fund are designed and built to high environmental standards.
Secondly, using BREEAM can help these organisations meet their own sustainability targets. By requiring BREEAM certification for new buildings or major refurbishments, they can ensure that their buildings contribute to their overall sustainability goals and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability.
Thirdly, BREEAM provides a benchmark for measuring the environmental performance of buildings. By using BREEAM, government departments and public bodies can compare the environmental performance of different buildings and make informed decisions about which buildings to use or fund.
During the first stage of the BREEAM assessment process our accredited assessor will meet with the project team to:
- Provide advice and an initial view on the sustainability of the proposed development
- Advise on elements that require inclusion in the detailed design planning phase
- Respond to queries from the project team
- Document an action plan detailing what is required to achieve the desired BREEAM rating
BREEAM design stage assessment
Once the detailed drawings and specifications have been completed, our assessor arrange another meeting to do the following:
- Assess the building against the BREEAM scheme’s credit criteria
- Assign credits based upon information and evidence supplied by the project team
- Produce an interim report which is issued to the BRE (Building Research Establishment).
BREEAM post-construction review
When the development has been completed our assessor will arrange a full on-site visit to:
- Ensure the construction meets commitments made at the design stage with evidence from the project team
- Produce the final BREEAM assessment report and arrange for submission to the BRE.
Under the BREEAM process, our certified BREEAM assessor will review your proposed development and award credits that the project team agrees to demonstrate compliance with:
- Management – effectiveness of the building operation
- Health & wellbeing – level of occupant control over heating, lighting, air quality and noise
- Energy – level of energy efficiency and CO₂ emissions
- Transport – effectiveness of site provisions to reduce transport related CO₂ emission levels
- Water – level of buildings water efficiency
- Material & waste – types of materials utilised and responsibility of sourcing practices
- Land use & ecology – consideration of location and associated impacts
- Pollution – level and type of emissions by the building
Why Choose Us?
- Professional and reliable
- Flexible appointments to suit you
- Friendly, practical advice
- 10 years’ experience in the industry
- We work with you every step of the way
- Affordable pricing