BREEAM Assessments in Deptford
The gold standard for sustainable design and for measuring a building’s environmental performance.
Get a quick quote
We will call you back shortly to discuss your quote.
Your details will not be used for marketing purposes.
Are you looking for Breeam in Deptford?…
Who needs BREEAM?
BREEAM (the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is a credits-based sustainability assessment for non-domestic buildings and potentially residential refurbishment. It is usually requested by your Local Planning Authority, most commonly in city developments, although it can also be adopted voluntarily or as part of funding agreements.
The assessment follows your project from concept design through to construction, completion and into the first year of occupancy. To make sure you don’t miss out on crucial early stage credits, it is important to gather all evidence needed and begin your BREEAM assessment as soon as possible.
During the first stage of the BREEAM assessment process our accredited assessor will meet with the project team to:
- Provide advice and an initial view on the sustainability of the proposed development
- Advise on elements that require inclusion in the detailed design planning phase
- Respond to queries from the project team
- Document an action plan detailing what is required to achieve the desired BREEAM rating
BREEAM design stage assessment
Once the detailed drawings and specifications have been completed, our assessor arrange another meeting to do the following:
- Assess the building against the BREEAM scheme’s credit criteria
- Assign credits based upon information and evidence supplied by the project team
- Produce an interim report which is issued to the BRE (Building Research Establishment).
BREEAM post-construction review
When the development has been completed our assessor will arrange a full on-site visit to:
- Ensure the construction meets commitments made at the design stage with evidence from the project team
- Produce the final BREEAM assessment report and arrange for submission to the BRE.
Under the BREEAM process, our certified BREEAM assessor will review your proposed development and award credits that the project team agrees to demonstrate compliance with:
- Management – effectiveness of the building operation
- Health & wellbeing – level of occupant control over heating, lighting, air quality and noise
- Energy – level of energy efficiency and CO₂ emissions
- Transport – effectiveness of site provisions to reduce transport related CO₂ emission levels
- Water – level of buildings water efficiency
- Material & waste – types of materials utilised and responsibility of sourcing practices
- Land use & ecology – consideration of location and associated impacts
- Pollution – level and type of emissions by the building
Why Choose Us?
- Professional and reliable
- Flexible appointments to suit you
- Friendly, practical advice
- 10 years’ experience in the industry
- We work with you every step of the way
- Affordable pricing